[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) pi Puppids

Hello Adam,

Indeed, there is some chance on a pi puppid enhanced activity according
to some people (e.g. the late Dr. Kresak) this year. Australia seems to
have the best cards. If I am correct, Peter jenniskens of NASA Ames has
been monitoring the stream for the past year and will probably do
this year in order to catch a possible activity outburst, as will do
amateurs in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa (but I am not 100%
sure about this, might be confusing with another stream). I
would certainly keep an eye on it if I were you! So lots of success!

-Marco Langbroek (DMS)

PS: when back home I will see what I can find on concrete information on
the pi Puppids. NB for the other people on this newsgroup: the pi Puppids
are a southern stream which is only marginally visible from the US,
although if I am correct one of the previous outbursts (1977 I believe)
has also been seen from the US.