[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 1997 XF11 in 2028

The asteroid 1997 XF11 discovered by Jim Scotti at Spacewatch last December
will have a close encounter with the Earth in 2028 (Oct 26.73 UT !!!).
  The formal calculation gives an approach distance of 0.0031

The formal calculation gives an approach distance of 0.00031 AU +/- 0.002 AU
In other words, the Earth is within the predicted uncertainty.

I tried to check if this asteroid was on any archived Schmidt plates at
the UK Schmidt, but since our asteroid program was closed down in 1996,
some of the software I need to use has disappeared, and it will take a few
days to get this going again.

Cheers, Rob McNaught
(rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au)