[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Mosquito repellent in clothes?

I haven't tried any of the latest Repellant Technology, folks. Mosquitoes
and other bugs are very rarely a problem in New England (despite what the
sheltered locals may think ;>). But back in my Everglades observing days as
a kid, I found that coils, sprays, home remedies, etc. were very
unreliable.

The only sure-fire repellants I found were:
1) cloth covering (long shirts & pants, sleeping bags, screens, etc.)
2) wind - whether natural or artificial (hand fans, electric, ocean breezes)
3) staying inside!

If things have changed since the early 80s in this regard, please speak up!
I for one am planning on observing in Florida for a couple of weeks in
April-May, and would dearly love to preserve my sensitive new layer of
Northeastern skin from the little buggers... :)

Clear skies and few flies!
Lew