[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) SCORE! Peltier and McKinley

<< he first find was _Meteor Science and Engineering_, the famed source book
 for meteor astronomy from the 1960s by D.W.R. McKinley. After gloating over
 this catch for a minute or so, my eyes strayed to the next shelf - and
 found a paperback edition of Leslie C. Peltier's poetic _Starlight Nights:
 Adventures of a Star-Gazer_! After scooping up a third item (Longstreth's
 _Understanding the Weather_), I checked out. Total cost: $12.25.

 Sometimes, living near the big city DOES have advantages. ;> >>

Ah yes, the Peltier book is very good - but with all the different
"bookstores.com"  city living is growing less and less a neccessity. Work from
home ('cept me), shop from home ...  I wonder if progess intended for people
to never leave the house again.

Is it 3rd quarter moon yet?   <sigh>

NYC dweller Kevin, desperately waiting for a clear new moon week.