[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs)Daytime Bolide & Fall

Daytime meteor
       Date:
                   Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:42:57 EST
      From:
                   LoydO <LoydO@aol.com>

The following is a discription of my visual sighting of the daytime
meteorite
at 6:44 pm on Sunday, March 22, 1998.  Loyd & I had just arrived at our
home
in Ft. Davis, Texas, and were standing outside talking to Sam, our
neighbor,
when I saw a very bright streak of light in the northeast.  I first saw
the
meteor at about 25 degrees above the horizon moving east to north.
Visual
contact was about 3 seconds.   I did not notice any color other than
white.  I
did not hear any sounds associated with the meteor. From information I
am
hearing, part of it fell in Monahans.  The size was 5" X 12".  Loyd
spoke to a
TV station in Odessa, and they went out and took video of the metor and
the
person who found it.  It should be on ABC tonight.  If so would someone
tape
if for me.   Please feel free to call 915-426-2208 or e-mail if more
info. is
needed.

Patty Overcash