[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Tips on getting organized..

kevtk>>One other thing to remember, it may have been listed and I missed it,
is a
small 6 in. ruler, or even a popsicle stick. Something to use as a straight-
edge for plotting your meteors.<<

Yes a 6 inch ruler....I highly recommend it being a clear ruler. It helps to
see thru it so that you know the proximity of the line you are about to draw
in relation to so and so star. At night, a see thru colored ruler is
essentially useless for me. Everything appears too dark and can't really seem
to reliably see the black dotted stars. I would think a popsicle stick would
be a great hinderance unless that's all you have. I have at least 3 clear
rulers in my possession when I observe....a spare in my box I bring along and
two left in the observatory. I like the idea of a talking clock though. I'm
presently trying to locate a store that sells them.
GeoZay