[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) UFO - part1

<<
 the question is:
 "why nobody has ever seen a real UFO ?"

------------

Real in the sense of it being confirmed having occupants of extra terrestrial
origin I presume?  The standard answers from the ufo believers (aka loons)
seems to rest along the lines of it being a great government coverup to one
not having an "Open Mind". There are a number of prominent and very educated
people that have perpetualy kept the myth alive that we are being visited by
extra terrestrials etc. In my opinion, some are "intelligent fools" who seem
to think they have uncovered some big coverup with a conglomeration of edited
bits of "data". They also found it a means to make a living at writing books
about such nonsense (such as Stanton Friedman and Randles in regards to the
Roswell myth). There are also Legitimate scientists who innocently report
something that was seemingly unusual that eventually gets twisted by the
believers as evidence of being proof of ET piloted UFO's. For example Clyde
Tombaugh  and his wife reported seeing a UFO back in the early 1950's. I've
seen this presented by the loons as an example of prominent and respected
scientists as to who have came across them. A few years before Tombaugh's
death, he was asked at a star party about this ufo sighting. Basically he
admits being a little embarrassed about it. He then explained that for his
sighting he found an acceptable answer to what he saw and it was very earthly.
He said that a week later he saw an identical looking ufo from the same
location...accept this time the perspective changed to where he was able to
easily identify it....a flock of birds. When the loons are confronted with
such revelations, it is often brushed off that the government has in some way
threaten their life and made them change their story. If you ask any hard core
loon to show me just one conclusive piece of evidence that an et piloted ufo
has visited earth and you will discover they can't...or the discussion gets
sidestepped in such a way that boils down to you not having an open mind or
something like that. Not everyone has the time or inkling to follow all the
rabbit trails associated with a UFO sighting. But for those that do, often a
very rational light of reasoning illumates the mystery. Of course there will
be some sightings that seemingly can't be explained. Based on the other myths
that seemed just as tough that I found later easily explainable, I feel the
others could be explained just as easily if the right kind of info is
eventually discovered.  Often the testimony by the "witnesses" is mis
interpretations of what was really seen. If the initial info is
misinterpreted, it wouldn't take much to come to an apparent paradox or
something unexplainable. I've rambled enough on this...the bottom line is
don't be so "Open Minded" that your brain falls out. If someone claims ET has
flown here in a UFO and can't provide any kind of genuine proof other than
anecdotal stories....then what you have is a bunch of wishful Sci-Fi stories.
George Zay