[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Good News/Bad News

<< cut small groove around base and wait til tree dies or copper sulfate in
 ground or keroseen and weedbegon and drill small hole in base and pour in
 holl. All garenteed to get you killed by relative.<<

Maybe I should have mentioned that my father in law retired from the
California Dept of Forestry? He would definitely be savvy to girdling a tree.
Now the other's have potential. Perhaps if I drilled a hole in a large root
just below the dirt level and kept it filled with something like RoundUp? It's
a thought...but I like the old guy and wouldn't do something like this to him.
He's got sentimental feelings for that tree he planted a long time ago. To
keep a clear conscience, the best I can hope for is some sort of tree disease,
lightning or a very selective brush fire( It's gotta be selective or I may end
up burning down my observatory). My tactic for these past 5 or 6 years has
been submitting my Christmas list stating that all I want is permission to
prune the top 6 feet off a certain Juniper tree. Since the construction of my
observatory ten years ago, I've got a definite hate/hate relationship with
that tree.
George Zay