[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Good News/Bad News

George,

I would like to know what finally works on your trees. Our student
observing deck is on the 4th floor roof. Fifteen years ago we had an
unobstructed view of the sky. In the interim several hardwoods nest to the
building have reached the 5th floor level and right now we loosing more and
more of the sky to trees each year. I would love to have them die a
premature and unnatural death. (I would be embarrased to tell you in which
conservation organizations I hold life memberships.) Fortunately the other
deck is at the 5th floor level and it is unobstructed but more exposed to
direct light pollution. We had yet another deck we had to close because of
the chemists. They put their noxious fumes out some vet hoods that were
adjacent to that deck.

Clear skies,

Terry

Terry Richardson
Department of Physics and Astronomy
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424
pager #937-1048
note new area code for the SC Lowcountry!
843 953-8071 phone
843 953-4824 fax
http://www.cofcdot edu/~richardt/