[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Introduction

Hi John,

Do you have any CCD images with meteors? (Or is there anyone know this
on web?) I always wonder what it would look like, for the usually small
field of view of CCD. Should it be just a straight line like those of
satellites (some satellite trails may have obvious magnitude variations)
or it would be some line with changing width? I think that I saw something
before from my CCD image which might be a meteor (when observing other
objects), but I can not find it out at this moment.

Clear Skies, Jin
Jin Zhu                           | Tel.: +86-10-62759888 (O)
Beijing Astronomical Observatory  |       +86-10-68392030 (H)
Chinese Academy of Sciences       |       +86-314-5053035 (Schmidt dome)
P. R. China                       | Fax : +86-10-62759696
email: zj@bac.pkudot edu.cn or jinzhu@sun.ihep.ac.cn
WWW Home Page: http://vega.bac.pkudot edu.cn/~zj

> HI there,
>
> I'm John Ohrt and I've been off the list for a while.  I'm interested
> primarily in the photography of meteors.
>
> Having recently moved from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (north of
> Montana  and superb viewing) to Toronto, Ontario (north of Buffalo and
> aweful viewing) I am not exactly in paradise.  Just as I managed to get
> a setup together too!!!!
>
> I have experience in image processing of both film and ccd data for
> technical and scientific applications.
>
> As time permits, I hope to develop a system using low cost hardware and
> software to improve the sensitivity of long exposure systems, both film
> and ccd.
>

> Believe it or not,  film has some significant advantages over ccd's in
> such applications!
>

> Regards,
> John

Follow-Ups: References: