[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Solar activity and meteors (reply)

<<  think that the lunar phase affects the scatter from year to
 year?  The above analysis does assume sporadic rates are constant
 through July.  Also in the early years the minor-shower lists were
 somewhat longer than the modern IMO list.  Are we comparing like with
 like?  You've probably accounted for the last of these.  I'd like
 to understand more of what's behind the numbers to judge whether or
 not they're saying anything statistically significant. >>

Perhaps if we counted all meteors regardless if they were sporadics or what
shower they belonged to during the first 20 days in July? I think we might be
able to get a better idea about meteor activity without wondering what minor
showers have been counted or not? I would avoid the last 10 days of July due
to possible major shower fluctuations. After all, if there were any
fluctuations due to solar activity, both minor showers and sporadics should be
equally affected I would think?
George Zay