[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Iridium flares and meteor photography

KevTK@aol.com wrote:

> Being that they are a refection of a satellite, I would think they have to
> occur near sunset and/or sunrise. We observe meteors mostly between midnight
> (local) and dawn for the best counts. So only the meteors you see near dawn
> would cause a problem.

The prediction for the iridium flares for Quebec city on the morning of June 2nd
are at 00:56:37;     00:58:44;      02:35:21;      04:03:19.

So I can see those iridium flares here (Lat.: 46.77 Long.: -71.33) near midnight.
I think that you can see those flares near midnight if you are near solstice and
if your ground-based site is a high latitude.

What do you think?