[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Saturday's IRC chat a real quorum!

This Saturday's chat (still going strong as I write this) was a wonderful
event, bringing together many different meteor enthusiasts from around the
globe (and more may have arrived later).

In attendance when *I* had to leave were:
astronomer77            Bob from Massachusetts USA
gwnorth                 Cathy from the Great White North (Canada)
jim_r                   Jim from AMS Radiometeor Land (Florida)
kc5gxl                  Dan from Texas USA
MAmeteors               some email listadmin from Mass/Fla. USA
MOLSI                   Sirko (long-timer) from Germany
NormanM                 Norman (long-timer) from Florida USA
normwb6sh               Norm (radio meteors) from California USA
werfried                Werfried, #namn resident radiometeor expert

Among many highlights of the chat, Sirko reminded us of a simulation
program written for IMO, to help observers prepare for observing a METEOR
STORM... It provides an on-screen simulation of conditions similar to those
in a Leonid-type storm. This software is for DOS (better in true DOS, will
run in a DOSbox), and a fast graphics card helps to run it.

Download it from the International Meteor Organization site at:
        http://www.imodot net/visual/major03.html
or directly via ftp from IMO's ftp server.

Thanks all, and hope to "see" you again next week!

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@latrade.com>