[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Question --

Hello Observers;:

 Well, since I missed the radio outburst of the Bootids I had my system
checked today by the friend at the phone co. Now he made a "sweep" of the
antenna with a Weltron Bridge ( Ritune loss bridge ? ) if you ever heard
of this, and he said the antenna "sweeps" better at 67 MHz than the 83 MHz
that I've been using, he said that the antenna at 83 MHz had to be pointed
in the right direction whereas at the 67 MHz it was not that critical.
In any case he tuned the cavity filter for 67.25 MHz ( TV Ch.4 ).

My antenna directional element is about 37 in long. as is the ground
element also.

If it does not detect meteors he said he
can re-tune it back to 83.25 MHz and cut the antenna rods a bit to get it
exact.

Comments welcome on this "new" development.  I can hear the odd picture
sync and static, at least no FM spillover, and this is a bad few weeks
for meteors!!

Mike in damp,overcast,foggy,rainny,drizzly,cold Nova Scotia