[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Meteors - whistling sound?

Hello:

 Because of interference on 83.25 MHz I dropped to 83.24 MHz and began
hearing meteors, but also I heard a whistling type sound like a bomb
falling.. EEEEEEeeeeeee.... is this a meteor?

I use antenna to the cavity filter set at 83.25 MHz to the ICOM- R-10 radio.

I dropped to 20 MHz and my needle was almost pinned to hear WWV also on 15
and 10MHz !! I can only assume there is some type of Ionospheric
interference for this to happen? Been going on for near 1 week now.

Thanks

Mike