[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 27 Observations (or lack of)

Well I drove all the way out to the Descanso Observatory hoping to
see some good activity only to be greeted by cloudy skies in the
south. I decided to face toward the north and hope that the sky would
clear. I saw perhaps 10 meteors during a half hour of clear skies
including a nice orange -2 Alpha Cap. Before long the clouds entered
my field of view. Soon the broken alto cumulus covered half my view
and I was forced to stop. I waited nearly an hour but the sky did not
improve so I gave up and went to work.

Very frustrating as the sky has been clear the past fews days and now
this crud from the south shows up. Hopefully the remainder of the
week will be better!

Bob Lunsford