[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Thanks for the answers

>Well isn't it true that any distance between observers has the meteor path
>looking different?  I think I remember when my last club did  half-a$$ed
>meteor observing that we did a 2 station ( 20km apart (?) ) photograph
>session. The 2 sites were conected via ham-radio and we knew right away
when
>we both captured a bright Lyrid in the frame. When the photos were
comparedthe
>angles were different. So IMHO I think you would just get a big headache
>trying to decipher which meteors were the same.

Hi Kevin, you are right...the distance between the meteor photo guys is the
basis for the double station work. I only mentioned Bob and George since
they do a lot of observing side by side....you and Wayne would fall in that
too. But since it's always cloudy....I forgot about y'all! ;->

-Mark

>Also I don't think that any of us are close enough to each other - Bob L.
and
>George are together, Wayne and I are together, and a few groups of the Euro
>observers, no one else talks about group observing. So I assume the rest of
us
>are scattered singly.  I think the only chance in NA would be the Great
White