[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation Aug 13/14 98

Hello,

Just came back from a short observation in my backyard last
night (13/14). I observed just a little more than 1 hour teff,
ending at local midnight. My limiting magnitude was 5.5.
Scattered clouds and the quarter moon came together soon after
midnight so it was not really worth to observe any longer.

I counted 10 Perseids and a few sporadics. No activity from the
Kappa Cygnids and the southern radiants. Brightest Perseids were
magnitude 0. One short "0" Perseid, near the radiant left a thick
2 second train.

The umbrella was once again useful, this time to block the neighbour's
porch light.

                                .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                  . . *  . *  .  .
***************************** . . . \   | .  .
Ottawa Valley Observers Group  .  .    .  .   . .
Visual meteor observer          .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN              . .   . .  .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca           /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                     .  |    .
National Aviation Museum                |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                 *  . \
                                               *