[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fwd: (meteorobs) Fwd: Meteor Shower

I think I have this email routine down now, I hope,  Thanks for listening and
clear skies to all.   :o)

Marcia

-- BEGIN included message

Greetings Friends! and Thank you Dave for your wonderful words of encouragment
and educational advise.  I will follow up on all of it for future use in
computing data for the group.  :o)

Last night, 12/13 was another awesome night.  My son and I watched from 10:30
to 11:45pm Washington, or PST.

The sky was beautifully clear and the neighbors must have heard my mental
pleas for less light pollution because half of them turned off thier outside
lights, which made my viewing experience much more enjoyable.

The evening was very productive with 38 Sparadics, some I am certain were P's,
but were very faint and short so had my son mark them as Sparadics for me;
they were less then 1 second trails.  Their brightness was dimmer then Draco.

Of the Perseids that I documented for sure since they were either directly in
the center of the Baseball Diamond or Draco, there were a total of eighteen
(18) meteors.  Eleven (11) had trails of 1+ seconds, four (4) had 2+ second
trails and two (2) had 3 second trails, all of which were equal to Jupiters
brightness.

The final two meteors were playing tag with eachother because one was chasing
the other clear across the sky with a 4 second trail.  Very nice.  I named
them Mike and Marcia after my brother and myself since we are twins.  :o)

Eighteen Perseids and Thirty-eight Sparadics was a very busy hour!  :o)  I
figure we spent 15 minutes writting and 1 hour viewing.

Thank you for allowing me to add to your count for the show.  I love the sky
and when the night is as clear as last, just makes you feel like a teeny tiny
speck in the middle of the whole universe.   Overwhelming.......:o)

Clear skies to all,

Marcia      :o)

-- END included message