[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireball reporting (was Re: Fireball on 12/13)

> I have two questions:
> Should I report every zenith -3 meteor (or brighter) I see, regardless
> of whether they are shower member or SPO?? I always had the feeling a
> SPO fireball is more important for a FIDAC report.

That's MY understanding, Pierre - FIDAC collects data on all fireballs, whether or not they were likely to produce meteorites. Thus, shower fireballs are just as interesting (though maybe for different reasons) as Sporadics.

Of course, if you'd like to know more, Pierre, there are those on this list who could give you a MUCH more authoritative answer than me! Andre or Sirko, would either of you care to comment? :)

And by the way, this leads to a question of my own! Isn't there at least the THEORETICAL possibility that one particular shower, the Geminids, might drop a meteorite, since they derive from an asteroid?

Now what was your *second* question, Pierre??

Clear skies,
Lew