[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteors and animals

SteveH>> That sounds pretty good...although I remember that you have that
*one*
 ding-dang tree to one side that you wish would, somehow, have some kind of
 accident.<<

This particular tree has such a structure to it, I don't think any sane
mountain lion would try to navigate the very thick and close branches. It's a
juniper. Still hoping for it to have an accident though.

SteveH >>Sure sounds like a dream place where I could have lotsa fun just
standing
 around out there.<<

The surrounding area is very brushy. Rambo (our ram) could really entertain
you...but you have to be an active participant whether you like it or not.
After a couple visits, there will be nothing scenic about it really. However,
it is out in the sticks and the skies are dark.

 >>BTW, I would have thought you'd already be using flashlights if only to
 watch for rattlesnakes?<<

The rattlesnakes are there. But I don't use a flashlight looking for them
while walking. What I did was paint the steps white leading to my camera
mount. I  also painted black stripes on the white steps to give some depth
perception in the dark. Also I have to walk over light colored concrete to get
to the camera mounts. When I walk to these areas in the dark while tending to
the cameras, I consciously look for something that is out of place on the
ground....I have it well memorized. Mainly looking for something that appears
dark and snake like in shape.  I haven't seen any during the night hours, but
during the day I have. I don't have any desire to encounter  buzzworms at
night.
 GeoZay