[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) New to [any geographic area]

<<
 Howdy, Barbara! Well, since we're a meteor list, I guess you're hoping to
find
 fellow meteor observers in your newly-adopted area? The first thing I can
 suggest is that you join up with the (free) North American Meteor Network.
Mark
 Davis, NAMN Coordinator, can tell you who else may observe in your area, and
 might even be able to hook you up with them.

 Depending on your level of interest, you might also consider joining the
 American Meteor Society and/or International Meteor Organization (both not
 free), who can point you to a still broader group of folks, perhaps some of
 whom will be within driving distance of you.

 THEN of course, there's 'meteorobs' - how about it, anyone near Barbara? :)

Barbara,
There is a group of serious meteor observers in the San Francisco area. Write
an email letter to Peter jenniskens and ask for info. His email address is:
peter@max.arc.nasadot gov

He could probably put you in contact with them.
George Zay