[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re:Two-station fireball detection

just before dawn the morning of august 27 i was awakened by an enormous
brilliant emerald green light that appeared to be growing larger as it grew
closer. it went in an arc formation and appeared to dim slightly as it
disappeared behind a mountain. it was that evening that i found your website
and from what i read this sounds like a fireball. a guest of ours then saw a
smaller one from our deck on the night of august 28 in the north. the one i
saw was in the east/northeast headed more northeast. we are at our vacation
home on the side of a mountain in glen ellen, california. i am new to all of
this and am sorry that we missed the showers earlier this month. we spend most
of our time in washington d.c. and because of the lights probably are unlikely
to see much there. did anyone else see either of these green fireballs. the
first lasted for what seemed to be 6 seconds or so and must have been very
bright as i don't awaken so easily. we will be back here oct 27 - nov 11. what
can we hope to see then?  also the star thatwe see rising in the east, is it
venus? what is the morning star then, jupiter? thanks so much. we really like
this site. joy.