[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Ontario fireball Sept. 18/19

<< I didn't see the whole fireball because it started above my windshield. By
the
 time I saw it, it was already dropping pieces off.  It passed through the
front
 legs of Ursa Major, just to the right of Theta UMa.   >>

Similar thiong happened the next night (Sept 19/20) only earlier. In pretty
much the same place. I estimate a -6 fireball which I caught out of the corner
on my eye about 10pm local and ended up in UMa. It came from the zenith I
would think mabe a little noth of Cygnus but can't be sure. As I said by the
time I got a good look it was going in to the "dipper" part of UMa and
appeared an orange color. Probably from the haze and crud in the air around
NYC. There were no "sparks" and no sound.

I was out helping a local group letting kids look thru telescopes so I didn't
see the whole thing clearly and hence no fireball report.

Kevin