[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Sleeping Bags for Meteor Observing

>>>I used a large plastic storage box with a tight lid to hold all of the 'electric stuff'. I just cut out a hole large enough to run all the wires through the side. <<<<<

This is an excellent cold environment tip for protecting equipment. As a
photographer I am faced with these kinds of problems alot. When it is
cold or hot, these coolers will do a great job for protecting delicate
equipment. One note of warning, remember condensation. When equipment
has been kept in the snow or freezing weather, and comes into a warm
house or building, condensation can build up. The best solution, is to
keep the equipment cold, and allow slow warm ups. I just kept what gear
I could in the cooler all of the time. Other gear would first go in the
lesser cold garage and then the house. Electronic cameras were the main
concern.

Take care out there.
Gregory david Stempel