[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Draconids (fwd)

Mailing List Operator wrote:

> The following message was directed to the IMO Webmaster.
> I think it's a good idea if some active observers from every part in the
> world (Europa, America, and Asia) post their first Draconid impressions
> immediately after the observation to the IMO-News (imo-news@imodot net) and
> something special is going on.
>
> Regards,
> Sirko Molau

Hello Tom, Sirko, Lew and all others,

Teams of the Dutch meteor Society will try everything possible to observe the
Draconids. Therefore we will be mobile: GSM, GPS and Power generator will
enable us to observe anywhere in Western Europe. The Draconids also serve as
a final test for all our newly build equipment which will be with us on our
Leonid expedition to China in some 6 weeks from now.

Now to answer your question.

If weather permits we will observe from our standard location "Biddinghuizen"
which is about 1 hour drive from my home. When we finish our observations
around 0 UT we will get back to De Bilt and send an e-mail to the meteorobs
and imo-news mailinglists to inform you of our experiences. This mail will
also be published on our website:

    http://home.wxsdot nl/~dms-web/

If weather is bad in The Netherlands which it often is in this time of the
year we will try to find clear skies within a reasonable distance of De Bilt.
We then will not be back in De Bilt in time to supply you with the latest info
so please have some patience. We are sorry not have available a laptop with
pcmcia-modem yet....

Clear skies to everybody and happy observing!

Casper