[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Draconids peak in EST

Lordy, 1st, you're in Northeastern Pennsylvania! Why haven't we observed
together before now?! :) Keep it in mind for these next 12 months or so:
NAMN folks from all over Eastern US and Canada are hoping to get together
for observing and/or jaw-stretching several times this coming year!

BTW, I believe the latest predictions (again, according to just ONE set of
models) are for early afternoon(?) Eastern Time, Oct 8 - tomorrow! So if
you watch in the early evening, and these models HAPPEN to be right, you
may catch the tail end of an event! But NOTE that these predictions (like
all meteoric models) are actually pretty rough... The only way to be sure
of not missing any events is to keep an eye on the sky throughout the next
several days, up till October 10/11 even.

BTW, there's temporary info on the Dracs on the 'meteorobs' Web site:
    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/storms.html

Clear skies!
Lew