[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Now I'm hearing meteors!

Hello fellow Observers:

 This morning Oct.10, from 1100 UT onwards as I type this I am detecting
the tonal pings  - 2 days AFTER the Draconid peak, I heard meteors 2 days
BEFORE the Draconid peak, but NONE from the 7-9th!

 Is it possible I'm hearing some other part of the meteor shower 2 days
before and after it occurs but somehow hit a "black hole" area on
the peak and not detect anything at 83.25 MHz?

 Other meteor showers will either give me pings all through their stage
of activity or peak early with lots then on the day of their maximum give
only a few to almost none.

I do not have any Draconid observation from last year since I only started
keeping records from November 6, 1997. The only experiment I can do is to
see how the Taurids compare to what I recorded from the 6th of Nov/97.
Most unusal.

Clear skies...
Michael Boschat ( Astronomer )    E-mail: andromed@atm.daldot ca
Atmospheric Sciences              Lab Phone: (902) 494-7060
Dept. of Oceanography             Fax: (902) 494-2885
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CANADA  B3H 4J1                     My ASTRONOMY Web Page:
                                http://www.atm.daldot ca/~andromed
Observing Chairman
Royal Astronomical Society of Canada - Halifax Center