[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Size?

Hello Lew, Bob, George, etc.... anybody....

My familiy and I are having a "discussion" concerning the size of an average
meteor.

For some reason I have it in my mind that the average size of a meteor is the
size of a grain of sand.  Son and Husband are telling me they must be at least
the size of a football or thereabouts.

We were discussing the problems concerning the satelites in the upcomming
Leonids storm and what damage may occur.

If you could clarify this for us we would appreciate it....thanks for your
time  :o)

in an awesome and clear blue sky, and hoping the same for you all,

Marcia