[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) October 8/9 from Phoenix

We actually found a spot with no lights, about 45 minutes from home, where
we could see the Milky Way--a real change from our back yard where only
about 4 stars in the Little Dipper are visible.  Looked like LM about 6.3.
Teff:  1.1, UT 0245 - 0355

One whole meteor, about -1 at 0318 UT during the entire time we were there.

I'm still not completely confident of the radiant business--it looked like
this one, which was yellow, about medium fast, and left a momentary train
parallel to the three cross stars in Cygnus, was going toward Draco rather
than away from it.  Is this draconid or sporadic?

          LaRue