[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Shower communication...

Cathy Hall wrote:

>Excuse me, but please don't dismiss those of us without laptop computers in
>the field here!!  I plan to observe Leonids, and will not have computer
>access at the time...
>
>However, I do hope to use a rather old-fashioned method of communication -
>the telephone!! ;>>   I will at least try to get word to somebody who can
>pass on a message...
>
>So please don't count us out Pierre just because some of us don't have the
>latest in technology! ;>>
>
>Clear skies,

Cathy, I have nothing against the telephone or any other way of
communicating! By all means, the phone is just as good, if not
more reliable than high-tech stuff!

Sorry, I did not mean to "count those out because they don't have the
technology". That was not the intention of my post. I now realize the
idea was a little too direct. The laptop was just an example I was
refering to. The same could go for the phone that not all observers may
have immediate access to. As for myself, chances are that I may not have
either phone or computer on the field. I may have to report back my
results
only when I get back home (or somewhere else), perhaps after a number of
hours on the road. What I am trying to say is that observers will have
different means of communicating their data, at different times. Again,
any way of communicating back results that is most convenient and
practical
to observers is perfectly fine. We all do the best we can.

Pierre