[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Oct 19/20 ZAYGE

My last nights observing run from Descanso, Calif. ended up being about the
same as the previous nights efforts. My Teff hours probably about 7 when all
the dead time is figured etc. My highest hour for orionids will be about 16
when the final report is done. Under clear skies with LM near 6.0, I recorded
101 meteors. I plotted everything but the orionids. I recorded 53 Orionids, 5
epsilon Geminids, 10 S. Taurids, 4 N. Taurids, 29 sporadics. The brightest was
a -6 Orionid. I operated two guided wide angled cameras, but I don't think I
caught anything this time? If I did, it might be a -1 Orionid? But I doubt it.
This will be my last observing night for two days due to my work schedule. I
hope to get in two more nights this coming thur/friday and friday/Saturday.
Depending upon the weather.
George Zay