[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations Oct 19-20

Hi Lew!!

> Hey, Kim - that light dome you saw SOUNDS like the Zodiacal Light (the
> spike of light that just follows evening twilight and just precedes the
> morning dawn). However, Northwest was the wrong spot for it! So I'd say
> you were blessed to see something I never have: the Northern Lights!

Well., thats why I am looking for suggetions. I do not think it was
northern lights, as it was no where else. However, maybe it might
have been relection of the neighbours light behind some cloud? They
have a nasty light in that direction, but I was not sure, its the
first time I have ever seen something like that.

> Good star counts by the way! I have trouble using "Star Count Area 8"
Thanks. I usually do 1 area, but after reading the handbooks again,
both the NAMN, and the IMO, I gave 2 areas a try. The only thing I am
not sure of is, if you are doing 2 areas, and you get the average, do
you average the two areas together to give you one reading? How do
you account for the difference, clouds, turbidity, ???

Hang in there Lew, we are starting to get cold temps at night, so the
Cold Canadian weather patterns maybe coming down your way.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section
NAMN-Meteor Observing,Ham Radio-VA3KDH