[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Should I fill in Fireball report

>I was under the impression that a fireball had to be -4 or greater

There was some confusion a while back about that: MIAC (the Canadian
fireball group) wants only -4 or brighter. But other groups I know
(NAMN, IMO, AMS) consider any meteor -3 or better to be a fireball.

The Dutch Meteor Society on the other hand, opens up their reporting
form to "anything strange... such as bright fireballs or any object
[in] the sky which you cannot identify"! :)

By the way, DMS has an excellent meteor resource site on the Web:
        http://home.wxsdot nl/~terkuile/

Clear skies,
Lew