[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Obs, SE Pa. 22/23

Hey Joy,

	To answer your first question, yes I was inside the city limits
but I would have to clarify that i was 8 miles from center city.  A
highly residential area, street lights and all....but the park has no
immediate lights where I was observing. I was surprised to find an LM
close to what GeoZ gets when he goes to the desert. (I mean to talk to
him about this.)  My LM for the night was something like 5.6.

	I was rather surprised myself at how much i saw.  It was one of
the last nights for max Orionid showers, and the sky couldn't have been
darker and more devoid of humidity.

	Re: what you might see in California...the geminids, orionids,
and taurids are still active, and maybe even some early Leonids.  Look
for the gem, ori, and taur in the Southeast, the Leonids in the N/S
East.   Happy gazing and clear skies, Bill from Philly

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998
JOYINDC@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Were you in Philadelphia in a park when you saw these Orionids?  I live in
> Washington, D.C. and from all the discussion I didn't think I had even a
> glimmer of a chance of seing anything inside the Beltway or beyond for a fifty
> or more miles.  I am headed to Sonoma Mountain in Glen Ellen, California on
> Tuesday.  Does anyone know if there will be anything going on from Oct 27 to
> Nov 10 that would be visible there and, if so, in which direction I should
> look.  That is where I was awakened by my first and only fireball which piqued
> my interest in all of this so I am hoping to see more.
>
> Thanks and clear skies,
>
> Joy

William M. Free
FREE@auhsdot edu