[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Daylight Leonid Meteor Storm?

I haven't seen a discussion of the possibility of observing the Leonid
meteor shower/storm in broad daylight. For me in the Central time zone,
maximum occurs at 1:45 p.m., which places Leo right on the western horizon.
The storms have always contained a large number of bright fireballs, with
previous reports indicating lots of meteors in the -6 to -10 range. The
brighter fireballs should be fairly easy to spot if you are facing west and
watching the region 30 to 50 degrees above the horizon.

Any comments?

Gary