[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re[2]: (meteorobs) Warning : Taurid fireball increasing.

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:58:22 EST
GeoZay@aol.com wrote:

>  Takema>>Many of them were (N)Taurids and fireball tends to increase.  You
> should notice and observe Taurids.  Perhaps Taurid meteoroid swarm has come.
>
>  Lew>>What is the (possible) Taurid meteoroid swarm Takema refers to here?
>
> I'd be more incline to think they are S. Taurids and not N. Taurids. The S.
> Taurids have seemed to be quite active in relation to the N. Taurids up to
> this point. Also the S. Taurids are expected to peak around Nov 5th while the
> N. Taurids are suppose to peak around Nov 12th. The radiant locations for both
> of these showers are quite close and easily to mistaken one for the other.

Hello George,

When I'm sleeping, I don't reply it soon. (It is about 9 a.m. in Japan)
I refered articles as follows.

Asher.D.J., Izumi.K., 1998
Meteor observations in Japan :
new implications for a Taurid meteoroid swarm
MNRAS, 297,23-27

Other article are WGN(26:5) and S&T.  Increasing of (N)Taurids fireball
is in this year, not increasing year by year.  I don't make historical
analize.  I don't know why the (N)Taurids fireball is increasing, not
(S)Taurids.  But, observers which witnessed these fireball decided
(N)Taurid.

AMOTA holds a guidance of "Orientation 1998 for Leonids Meteor Shower"
in Tokyo today.  I have to prepare the guidance in a hurry.  bye!

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto Takema
Minor Meteor Shower Circular(MMSC)
Nippon Meteor Society (NMS)
Association of Meteor Observers in and around Tokyo Area (AMOTA)