[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) I Cant believe it...

Joy,

As Sirko was explaining a certain area of the Earth's surface is well
positioned to see the Leonids only once every 4 years. This year it is
the Western Pacific and Eastern Asia. If you travel to China or Vietnam
next year the sun will rise before the maximum occurs. In 1999 Western
Asia, Africa, and Europe will have a better view of the Leonids. 2000
will probably the Atlantic, South America, and Eastern portions of North
America. 2001 will probably favor the Eastern Pacific and Western North
America.

My advice to you would be to go this year if at all possible!

Bob