[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Warning : Taurid fireball increasing.

George Zay <GeoZay@aol.com> wrote:
>The parent object to the Chi Orionids appears to be the asteroid
>Oljato. Now Oljato is a member of the Taurid complex itself along
>with about 20 or more other asteroids and a comet or two.

Amazing, George - I had no idea that there was another asteroid-source
shower in the IMO list (besides the Geminids)! Nor that all these "non-
meteoroidal" objects were known to be parts of that stream!

What is a good reference for reading more on this topic of the Taurids
and their many and various components?? (Perhaps I'm not reading my
WGN issues closely enough?!) Thanks!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer