[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: [ASTRO] Dew prevention on lens with soap

 mikutis>>It's been a few years since I took chemistry (Use it or loose
it--Ha,Ha!)
 but I remember water tends to form beads/droplets due to a property called
 water tension which essentially results from Hydrogen bonding.<<

Water Tension! That's the word I was trying to recall in an earlier post.

 mikutis>>I believe
 emulsifying agents such as soap tend to breakdown and disrupt hydrogen
 bonding, resulting in NOT a loss of water but rather a "spreading out" of
 water molecules.<<

correct.

 mikutis>>Oh yah, I forgot to mention that I would probably use
deionized/distilled
 water in making "soap films."

what would you be using water for here? I apply a dab of soap off my finger
tips and then wipe it dry. I don't add any water.
George Zay