[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re[2]: (meteorobs) Taurid fireball is active.

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:11:59 EST
GeoZay@aol.com wrote:

>> In a message dated 98-11-09 11:55:48 EST, you write:
>>
>> Takema<<
>>  <Taurid Fireballs>
>
> Are these listed fireballs from one observer, or a collective from many
> observers from all over Japan? These fireballs reflects how many hours of
> observing? Or are they from photographic networks?  If they are from all over
> japan, the rates and magnitude of fireballs you show above doesn't strike me
> as being anything overly unusual. That would be like reporting the fireball
> rates from the whole state of California approximately. Which wouldn't seem
> unusual to me. From an area that big, I would expect about this many fireballs
> from a shower with just a few well spaced observers. Also not knowing how many
> hours of observing these fireballs are seen under,  I can't get a "feel" if
> there is something unusual going on or not.
> george zay

Dear Geoge,

As those Taurid fireballs in that list are picked up by me from NMS
mailing list which is like 'meteorobs', they were seen by many observers
and witnesses.  Therefore, they are not from all over Japan.  Official
report of monthly fireball report on Oct. or Nov. 1998 of NMS has not
been reported yet in public.  I don't know the sum of observation time
and fireball rate.
I catch your thinking that you don't feel unusual.  It is different from
area of information between mine and yours.  I understand that it is not
comparable with number of fireballs only.  I exactlly say my opinion,
According to MY EXPERIENCE, I think that there is many N.Taurid fireballs
 in this year.  I'm glad that this is a useful messege of increasing of
Taurids observation.

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto Takema
Minor Meteor Shower Circular(MMSC)