[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor storm 1833-34

>I am writing a book in which much of the action takes place during the years
>1833 - 1834.  I understand there was an important meteor storm during that
>period, and I would like to make reference to it.

You ought to try and get a copy of a recently published book by Cambridge
University Press, written by Mark Littmann, called "The Heavens on Fire."  It
deals with the Leonid Meteor Shower, especially the spectacular display
observed in 1833.  It provides considerable information which I suppose would
be valuable to you from an historical standpoint.

And yes, the display was indeed visible from South Carolina.

-- joe rao