[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid peak

Skwayinc, Jao Rao said :-

"At this point in time, it appears that the peak of
the display may have already occurred at roughly 05 hours UT -- nearly
15 hours before the expected/projected peak! "

Well, very interesting because one of my notes to the group lastnight
said:-

"Well, I dont want to worry y'all,
but I have just done a 05:50 - 06:20 UT (local) bash and got only 11
non-spectacular Leonids, is it all over for now I worry myself ?"

I said that after a 2:30 - 4:45 UT period of spectacular activity. So I
would have estimated the (presumed, at this stage) peak sometime about
03:00 to 04:00 UT.

This might ( ? ) be supported by the radar observations graph reported
by Rosta Stork ( Ondrjedov ) at
http://sunkl.asudot cas.cz/stork/leonids.html

So, perhaps I am not so downcast about my current overcast of clouds
still persisting in SW UK !

Regards, (sorry for typos, my fingers are getting tired!)
Malcolm.