[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) testing

Hi All,
  Yes your test seems to work oK.

Question ??
  If a LNB or LNA were removed from the dish and pointed toward the night
sky and an
output was taken from a detector some where in the satellite  receiver would
you be
able to detect meteors agains the background noise assuming the noise from
the meteor
was higher in value than the background ????
  I hope to perform this test in the very near future and will inform you of
the results.
  More frontend or downconverter gain may be needed to replace the 20 dB
loss of the
dish ,but I have a feeling this can be compensated for and you would end  up
with a
much greater beam width than by using the antenna (dish)

  Tnx

Dave  VE3BBN