[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lost Messages

Lew,

I think that I saw a message from you the other day about posted messages
getting lost on the list. Your suggestion was to post twice.

A message came from CompuServe on my computer about their new e-mail
format. Message headers are now at the bottom of the message rather than
the top. Apparently, headers at the top annoy people. BTW, it seems not all
CompuServe subscribers message formats were changed. It depends on how long
ago you signed up.

According to the FAQs related to this change, this new format can cause
problems on lists. Here's the Q&A.
 Q:  I am getting messages bounced back from a listserv, how come?
 A:  Some listservs cannot handle headers being omitted or at the bottom of
the text.  If you have your Header Preferences set to either one of these
setting, and you don't want a listserv to bounce your Message, then set
your Header Preferences to "Header at the Top".

If the missing messages are limited to subscribers who use CompuServe, then
maybe this will solve the problem. The header location can be changed
through GO MAILSET. As I recall, one of the options which comes up is
Change Header Location.

Phil Gebhardt