[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Green meteors

Bob Lunsford wrote:
> Although some meteor authorities state that data on meteor color is
> useless, I sure find this topic interesting!

I sure agree with this statement of Bob's! I think all that's lacking to make
visual meteor color data useful is a way of determining correction factors.
After all, consider that before some of the current Correction Factors were
applied to amateur meteor rates, many professional meteor scientists might have
argued that ALL amateur visual data was useless... :)

BTW, my subjective impression of my own data is that green meteors are very
common for me, during showers with a variety of speeds and parent bodies.

Clear skies,
Lew