[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Real time sharing?

Greetings,

 I tend to agree with mr. Saunders. Although Mr. Juergen gave convincing
problems, such as the observer will NOT leave the great show in the sky to
inform the others ! Or some observers will get the message late. but let us
take the last Leonids peak as an example ! Where I couldn't attend our
society's camping in the desert due to my exams. So, I stayed at Amman (Capital
of Jordan) at that time, and at about 11 pm I was talking with Mr. Werfried who
was observing visually and by  radio, and as he brought my attention to the
unexpected peak ! I went to observe the show from my light polluted area, and I
did realize that there was a real thing happening in the sky ! Directly I sent
an email to both; this mailing list and to Meteorobs. in which I mentioned the
peak !!!

 I believe that many observers made use of such quick alert ! We don't have to
inform all the observers about the high-activity of meteors ! I tend to believe
that  there will be persons to send such alerts, and there will be receivers as
well.

 Also those who can know the subject of the email received by their mobile
telephone will find such alerts in a great usefulness.

 Although most outbursts r short-lived, but an alert about such past Leonids
background will be MUCH appreciated !! I don't think any one can forget that
great show if he/she was observing at that time !!!

 At least let us try it ?? Such symbol could be fine: ' ^^^^^!! 13.45 UT! 15/ 4
/ 99 Apha Centaurids'.

Best Wishes
Moh'd
--