[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June 16 Observations

Bob>>Seriously, I was out for 3.5 hours this morning at the Pine Valley
Viewpoint. <<

I believe this is in the Cleveland National Forest? If so, you might want to
be aware that a "Forest Adventure Pass" is required to just park your car
along the road even for a short period. The pass costs $30/year or $5/night.
If you are parked and caught without it hanging from your mirror, it is a
$100 fine. You can drive thru, but you can't park your car and wander around
without the threat of getting a hefty fine. I had to get one earlier this
month while in Big Bear prospecting. While there I asked about meteor
observing for a non profit organization etc and they didn't give any ground.
The pass that I got for San Bernardino Forest is also good for the Cleveland
forest. But it doesn't cover all the national forests in California. If you
go out to the Anza Borrego desert, you will also need a similar State pass.

bob>>There was no single highlight of the session but there where a couple of
bright, trained meteors shooting swiftly from western Pegasus that were
impressive. <<

I wonder who trained them?
GeoZay