[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Rob McNaught

Lunsford>>Rob and All,
I want to publicly thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful
and informative messages. While reading your reply to NASA News Articles
I was saying to myself how lucky we all are to be able to read such
informative material and to have such knowledgeable scientists such as
yourself share their knowledge with the wide variety of people
subscribed to this list. I would imagine that Rob has a very busy
schedule and for him to take time to write such long and detailed
messages is a blessing for all of us.<<

I can picture Bob genuflecting while typing this.  :o)   Yes, Rob is very
informative and I hope he can find time to post more frequently to fill in
the slack. There are so many knowledgeable selfish professionals with meteor
knowledge who don't post here. To get someone that does is a fairly rare
event and much appreciated. There are also a lot of experienced meteor
observers who don't post here either....or just tokenly.  These last few
months I can really see things sag here. Kinda like it was before I started
NAMN a few years ago.

lunsford>>Rob, many thanks to you and to the other professionals who take the
time
from their busy lives to share their knowledge with us. It certainly
makes the off topic threads and fish stories a bit easier to take!
Sincerely,
Robert Lunsford<<

I'm sure he is no busier than most working stiffs around here....but still
much appreciated.  Most professionals, while being highly educated, are
essentially currently employed amateurs....not gods.  Enjoy that status while
you can. Some off topic threads and side notes put a little human touch to
these relatively sterile discussions. Without them, just post a sign
directing everyone to tech manuals. Some forlks refer to this as "Getting a
life". Speaking of which....I'll be on an Albacore boat this tuesday from
Seaforth that leaves the previous night.  :o)

GeoZay