[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations 23/24

jure<<
 George,
 I actually do note the velocity of the meteor, but I didn't write it here
because I use it as one of the criteria for shower association and I make a
shower breakdown here (I already considered all criteria). I appreciate the
advice tho.

One of the main reasons for plotting is to note patterns from sporadic
activity that might indicate a new shower. Sporadics have a variety of
apparent velocities when noted under different appearances...such as along
the horizon, near a radiant or the location of the radiant in the sky. Or
maybe you do note the velocities of sporadics and misunderstood what you are
saying above?
GeoZay